From the agenda report:
November 13, 2012
Mayor McLaughlin and Members of the City Council
Marin Clean Energy Project
STATEMENT OF THE ISSUE:
The City of Richmond has become a member of the Marin Energy Authority JPA.
Richmond residents will be automatically enrolled in the Marin Clean Energy
Community Choice Aggregation program and must opt out if they wish to continue to
purchase electric power through Pacific Gas and Electric.
RECEIVE a report from staff on the Marin Clean Energy Community Choice
Aggregation program regarding the source of energy and the “opt out” process for
Richmond consumers – Councilmember Boozé (620-6953).
FINANCIAL IMPACT OF RECOMMENDATION:
There is no financial impact related to this item.
I would like to receive a staff report on the Marin Clean Energy program. The report
should explain the program to the community. I am concerned that consumers must pay
to opt out of the program if they do not meet the initial opt out deadline. Other questions
1. What is the process to opt out of the program?
2. What is the difference between the charges of kilowatt hours through the Marin
Clean Energy program vs. the charges of kilowatt hours through Pacific Gas and
November 13, 2012 Page 2 of 2
3. Is the source of energy through PG&E? If not, what is the source?
4. Where will the energy panels be located?
5. Who initiated Richmond’s participation in the program?
6. Does the state dictate whether all Richmond gas & electric consumers participate
in the program or not?