Caltrans this afternoon announced more ramp and lane closures scheduled for its Interstate 580 work near the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
Interstate 580 Scofield Avenue and Western Drive Bridge Decks Replacement Project Lane and Ramp Closures Continue
Contra Costa County – Lane and ramp closures resume for the Interstate 580 construction project just east of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
· Tuesday, May 20, through Thursday, May 22, Caltrans will close one westbound lane from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for sign installation.
· Wednesday night, May 21, one eastbound lane will be closed for striping from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· The eastbound I-580 on-ramp from Stenmark (formerly Western) Drive will be closed for striping on Wednesday, May 21, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Detour: travel east on I-580 across the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, exit at San Quentin, and return to eastbound I-580.
· On Thursday, May 22, one westbound lane will be closed from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., and one eastbound lane will be closed from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Note: one eastbound lane on the Richmond-San Rafael will be closed, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 p.m. to 4 a.m., to move scaffolding. This work will continue until mid-June. No closures are scheduled for Friday night, May 23 and Monday night, May 26.
· During these closures, motorists should expect travel delay and allow additional time to reach their destination.
This is an active construction site and the 45 MPH speed zone will be enforced by the California Highway Patrol. Drive cautiously through the construction zone and leave a safe traveling distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you and “Slow for the Cone Zone.”
For more information about the project, visit the Caltrans webpage at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/580scofieldave/